6 Steps to Self-Care Beyond a Face Mask || Healing Diary

 Oh shoot, it's been a hot minute!


Hi guys what is up? Welcome back to my lil' corner of the Internet where we sip on hot coffees, make cute playlists and talk about improving ourselves to reach our Higher Self. 

I know I've been away for so long, but I made a big step forward for myself and started going to therapy. 

Wild, I know? 

Not only that, I started taking medication that I need in order to actually feel better. 
Sometimes, all the self-care in the world is not enough on its own. 

That said, medication won't work on its own either and you really have to put in a lot of love into yourself in order to heal. 
And let me tell you, healing isn't a linear process. It has its own ups and downs, and while you wake up one day feeling like the absolute queen, you wake up the other day feeling like you did right at the very start of your journey. 
When that point shows up, you need self-care and self-love and you need to pour it into every little corner and cracked nook of yourself. 

That kinda got me thinking about self-care. I mean, usually when you try to look up some things about it, you come to face masks, painting toe nails and making a pretty hairstyle. Possibly lighting a candle as well. And don't get me wrong, that kind of self-care also has its own purpose. I love the vibe I get when I put a face mask and my best PJ's and play some chill playlist while sipping on tea. 
But sometimes you need something else. So what are some things you can do that are truly beyond the face mask? 
Here are a few things that work for me:


1. Stop speaking bad about yourself.
Seriously, quit it. Even if you think it's funny. Even if it really is funny to you and other people. Stop. 
What you are doing is this- subconsciously you are making yourself believe every single word that comes out of your mouth. 
Not only that, you're also teaching everybody around you that it is fine to talk shit about you (pardon my French). 
Instead of making that stupid joke of pointing at a trash can and saying "me", try making a joke about how organized you are, or how much of a bookworm you are (if you truly have to make a joke about yourself). 
Try to let out only positive words about yourself come out of you. You'll see the difference quite fast, lemme tell you. 



2. Stay away from negativity
Yes, I realize that sometimes this isn't possible. But what I mean by this is don't intentionally seek it out
Try to surround yourself with positive people and good influences. Things that aid you in your healing process. 
It could be that you quit seeing negative reality TV shows, or that you stop watching YouTube drama videos, or that you cut down on seeing that one friend that really really loves talking trash about everything and everyone. 
This is a very individual process honestly. See what works for you and what doesn't. 



3. Trust your instincts
Speaking of individuality and seeing what works for you- trust your gut. 
You have infinite knowledge stored in you, guided by the Universe, and led by signs and hints. 
If you get that weird tugging feeling in your stomach, or an itch in the back of your head, listen to it!
That is the Universe trying to tell you that something is good or bad for you. 
It will take you a while to get in touch with your instincts. 
Some exercises to practice this further would be like journaling, intuitive art, tarot etc. 



4. Let go of things that don't serve you anymore
Decluttering, in the physical and mental sense, is liberating. 
Always ask yourself "Is this thing/person helping me on my path to healing?" 
If it's not, you know what you gotta do. Ditch it, switch it, donate it, recycle it. 
Taking care of yourself and your space will be beneficial for your mental health, I promise!



5. Don't be afraid to say no... or yes.
When you learn how to listen to your instincts, you have to take the big leap of saying no or yes.
The Universe can show you to that point, but after that it's on you.
Learn how to say NO to things that don't serve you any purpose and in contrast to that learn how to say YES to things which will lead you to a new breakthrough point. 
Don't be a people pleaser and don't do things just because "that's the way it should be". 
You know yourself best, you know what your mind and body needs and then you just... Act accordingly. 



6. Love
Loving yourself, your environment and all that is in your atmosphere is such a powerful catalyst to healing. 
Once you learn to love, you learn to appreciate. You learn to act kind towards everything around you and naturally to yourself. 
Like I told you that you gotta stop the self-trashtalking, you have to learn the opposite of that and that is to speak and think kindly. 
It's easy to fall into the trap of being negative- ''Oh, what if my outfit looks ridiculous? What if I don't get the job? What if I fail that exam?" 
What's difficult is to learn how to rephrase those sentences and turn them into a kind, loving self-message. "I feel comfortable in my clothes. If I don't get that job I will be fine. I won't fail because I did study, a lot". 
With a little practice, through journaling and affirmations, you will get there and it will get easier, I promise. 




What are your self-care tips that aren't just skin deep? 

How do you go on about your healing path? 

Join me in my healing diary right here on my blog,
or you can find me on my Tik Tok, Instagram or Twitter!


Don't be shy, I'm open for chats! Let's be friends!

◗●◖l e t ' s    h e a l    t o g e t h e r ◗●◖

o m e g a

2 Comments

  1. Dear Omega, I used to be very fond of your blog, and your inspiring journey as a growing blogger. However, I HAD to unsubscribe from it as you failed to deliver fresh content on a weekly basis as once promised, thus failing to be consistent. I wish you well, and hopefully someday you'll grow stronger and more organized to become an actual blogger.
    I am sorry if things are not going well in your life, but although your content is neat and in my niche, I had to search for someone who provides the best possible experience to their readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mimi, I want to thank you for your honest feedback. I am glad that you enjoy my content and that you have such nice wishes for me and my blog.
      Hope to see you back on my little corner of the Internet!
      Sending light your way ✨

      Delete