Fall Night Routine || Blogtober #5

The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night. – Haruki Murakami

Hi hello welcome back to my blog, where we drink our get things done juice and talk about ways we can spice up our life and make it so much better! 

Also... WELCOME TO BLOGTOBER DAY 5!
If you just popped by, Blogtober is a series that I started on my blog, where I post daily content for the WHOLE month of October.


For today I wanted to do something I've never done across my socials and that is...

NIGHT ROUTINE

What I want to say first is this- this isn't a list that goes in order. These are more like the things I want to do, regardless of the previous or the next time. These are positive, feel-good habits that set my mind at peace and prepare me for the upcoming day!






1. Podcast

Before I turn off all my electronics, I like to listen to a podcast. I never listen to the same ones, and I usually just look up something that talks about productivity or spirituality.
My recent favorites are: 
I listen to all the podcasts on Spotify! 


2. No social media

The first thing that I insist happens in the evening is- all electronics go off.
I really have a problem sleeping when I've been staring at screens for the whole day and then on top of that for the whole night! I finish my work things right after my shift (so by 5PM I am done with work) and I usually start with these habits around 7PM, so that gives me plenty of time to get everything done on the Internet before bed. 




3. Book/ journal/ art

Instead of aimlessly scrolling through Instagram, I decided to pick up some positive habits. Sometimes I read a book, or I write in my journal or I make art! I devote time in my night routine that help me feel calm and that make me feel good and positive. 

4. Gratitude

This is a fairly new thing that I picked up, but I will take my journal and write down three things that made me happy that day and that I am grateful for. 
I've come to realize that I am a very cloudy, dreamy person so I need a lot of effort to make sure that I am present. This mindfulness exercises helps a lot with that!




5. Planner update

I take out my planner at some point in the night, and write down my to-do list for tomorrow.
I never really write too much and I usually finish the list the next morning, but the feeling of preparedness makes me feel good and I wake up tomorrow knowing that I know my shit!

6. Get ready

I enjoy night showers much more than morning showers, so before I lay down, I take a hot shower and do my skin care routine. In the shower, I do a shower/cleansing meditation that clears my mind and makes it an empty slate for the night. Some of the things you can include in your shower routine are :
putting on lotion, face masks, singing, braiding your hair. Basically anything that makes you feel like yourself and that makes you feel good




7. Bedtime like a grandma

I usually finish everything by 10 PM. I might hang out for a bit more with my partner (since he goes to bed a lot later) but honestly I don't stay up for too long. I usually go to bed between 10 PM and 10:30 PM, as that gives me more than enough time to get rest for the next day!


There you guys have it! A sneak peak at my night routine! 
What kind of things do you enjoy doing at night to wind down? 

If you have any questions or suggestions you can find me on my socials! 

here or here

Thank you for your attention! 

k e e p         g r o w i n g

-omega- 

0 Comments