Summer Morning Routine || Productive Wake Up Ritual

 Hi, hello, holla, to each and every one of you sparkling souls!

Welcome back to my little corner of the Internet, where we drink ridiculous amounts of coffee and try our best to live our best lives!


Today I wanted to share with you guys my updated morning routine for the summer.

Ever since I started working on my mental health, my morning routine has been an essential part of my day and I take my morning very seriously.

When I don't do most of these things, I tend to feel very crappy throughout the whole day for the rest of the day. 

Without further ado, here are the few things I incorporate in my morning routine to make it as productive and as spiritual as possible




1. Wake up at least 2 hours before work.
If I wake up any later than that, I feel like I am rushing throughout the whole routine which I absolutely detest. So, in order not to feel like I am in a race, I wake up at least 2 hours before work. 
Usually, that is around 7- 7:30 in the morning, which gives me plenty of time to work on waking up before I start teaching.



2. Coffee.
I don't care what anyone says, I don't think I will ever ever NEVER stop drinking my morning coffee. So naturally, the first thing I do (after going to the bathroom) is to make myself a cup o' Joe, and take it outside with me to my garden. 



3. Journaling
I take my notebook and book outside with me, and the next step for me is to journal.
I tend to write about what I dreamt last night, how I feel upon waking up, what are my goals for today. I call those my morning pages. Then, if I feel like it, I will do some shadow work. 
Shadow work is journal prompts that help you heal your inner child by processing through things again with guided outlines. Not gonna lie, it is difficult, but also very much worth it. 



4. Read
I try to read my book in the morning because that is usually the only time I have to actually read. 
Currently, I am reading "The Master and Margarita" by Bulgakov, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. 
Sometimes I will read a spiritual book, or a self-help/self-improvement book instead, so another book that I've been reading alongside Bulgakov is "Beyond Order" by Jordan Peterson.
(If you'd like, I can make like a book post or something like that... Lemme know!) 



5. Yoga
I usually start with sun salutations, and possibly stretch a bit more beyond that. I have also been working on my handstands and other inversions, so I am quite proud of how far I have come. 
Yoga has definitely been one of the saving graces for my mental health. There is something about being pulled into your body and out of your mind that is incredibly calming, so I try my best to do yoga on a daily basis. 



6. Meditation
This is something that I've only recently started, and I am struggling a lot with it. But, I know lots and lots of people are into meditation for their mental health, so I thought of giving it a try. 
So far I've been meditating by trying to sit as calmly as possible and repeating my affirmations in my head. This usually last about 5ish minutes, but I'm working on it yet. 



7. Getting ready
I make it a ritual to get ready for work. Even though I work from home, I try to dress up nice, to do my skin care, and to look presentable (for myself). That way I feel like I am actually going to an office instead of sitting down in my living room.
If you're curious about how I balance my work and life, I have a whole separate post about it. 
I'll leave the link right here



There you guys have it- an updated morning routine! 

What do you do for your morning routine? 
Let me know down below or find me on my social medias!

Don't be shy, I'm open for chats! Let's be friends!



You can find me on my Tik Tok, Instagram, or Twitter!



◗●◖l e t ' s     h e a l     t o g e t h e r ◗●◖




o m e g a 

0 Comments