How To Wake Up Early || Healing Diary

 Hi hello hola and welcome back to yet another post!

How have you been? I feel like we don't talk enough! Let me know what's been going on in your life recently!


I am a firm believer that summer is the best time to start new habits, especially the early morning habits.
Whether it is because the sun is out earlier, or because it isn't freezing cold in the morning, there is just something about summer mornings that makes me feel productive.

But, how the hell do you actually use the morning productively if you don't wake up early enough? 

Don't you worry a thing, I got your back!

If you want to read about my best tips to wake up early, then just keep on reading!




1. Set a wake up time and move towards it gradually
Let's say you've decided that 5AM is the optimal time for you to wake up. Maybe you start work at 8AM like myself, or you just feel like this is the best time for you to rise. Great! Now, assess your current situation. Are you waking up anywhere close to 5 AM? For example, maybe you're waking up at 7:30AM and that ain't working for you. Make the change gradually
Move your alarm back 15 minutes each day (7:15, 7:00, 6:45...). That way it will be much easier to adjust to the new wake up time. 
In my personal experience, doing anything cold turkey sucks. You feel bad, it is difficult, it seems unachievable and more often then not, you just abandon the habit completely. 
Start out slow and build up each day! 



2. It all starts with the evening
Here's the thing, there is a very small chance that you will wake up at 5 AM if your bed time is 2AM. 
And even if you do it one time, it is not sustainable in the long run.
Your wake up time really starts with your evening
Create a great evening routine that slowly gets you into sleep mode. Avoid screen time and use the evening in a productive but also relaxing manner. 
Prepare everything you might need in the morning- workout gear, coffee ingredients, water bottle... 
Make sure to set it all up and go to bed at a reasonable time. Always aim for 7-9 hours of sleep, so adjust your bed time according to your desired wake up time!



3. Find something that makes you jump out of bed
And no, I don't mean running late so you scramble about to be able to go to work on time. 
Find something that makes you excited about the day! 
Maybe you can add something interesting that you enjoy doing in the morning? Think of a hobby that you can incorporate in your morning routine. 
For me, I get excited to drink my coffee and read my book. 
Find something that drives you and makes you feel like you really want to wake up at the crack of dawn!



4. Do things that wake you up immediately
When I wake up, I make sure to drink some cold water because it wakes me up. 
Going to the bathroom and splashing my face does the same thing. 
Think about things that immediately jolt you awake. 
Some ideas would be:
~leaving your phone on the other side of the room
~setting a water bottle next to your phone
~opening the blinds as soon as your alarm goes off
~playing music out loud as soon as you wake up




5. Use the additional time in a positive manner
If you wake up in the morning simply to scroll on your phone for an additional hour won't make you motivated to keep the habit in the long run.
Think about why you are waking up so early? 
That ''why'' will help you choose other positive habits into your morning routine, thus making it worth waking up.
For some inspiration, check out my earlier morning routine blog post! 



There we go guys, what do you think? 
Do you wake up early? What is your go-to tip to wake up early? 
Lemme know down below and reach out on my social media!

You can find me on my Tik Tok, Instagram, or Twitter!

◗●◖l e t ' s     h e a l     t o g e t h e r ◗●◖




o m e g a

0 Comments