Horror Movies || Blogtober #9

Movies don’t create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative

 Hey, hi, hello and welcome back to my little corner of the internet, a place where we drink comical amounts of coffee and discuss how we can make our lives just a bit better!


Also... WELCOME TO BLOGTOBER DAY 9!
If you just popped by, Blogtober is a series that I started on my blog, where I post daily content for the WHOLE month of October.






I am a big horror enthusiast. It is something that I enjoy doing alone, but also with my baby brother.
We've seen so many, we couldn't even count them all. 
So I thought, since it is the spooky month of October, why not make a list of some of my favorite horror movies all time!




1. The Conjuring




Ed and Lorraine Warren, paranormal investigators and authors associated with prominent cases of haunting.
Their purportedly real-life reports inspired The Amityville Horror story and film franchise. The Warrens come to the assistance of the Perron family, who experienced increasingly disturbing events in their farmhouse in Rhode Island in 1971
Now this movie sends a chill down my spine every time I watch it. Everything about it- the music, the effects, the acting- it just brings it all together and makes for a creepy experience all together!

2. Cabin in the Woods




The plot follows a group of college students who retreat to a remote forest cabin where they fall victim to backwoods zombies while technicians manipulate events from an underground.
This movie explains the "mechanics" behind the making of a horror movie! I won't go too much into the details, as I do not want to spoil it, but it's one of my all-time favorites!

3. REC




 The film centers on a news reporter and her cameraman covering a firefighter intervention at an apartment building in Barcelona. As the situation escalates, and after some of the building's occupants are infected by an evil virus and begin to show animalistic and murderous behavior, the reporter and cameraman find themselves confined inside the perilous building.
This movie has some of the creepiest jump scares EVER.
Somehow I feel that European horror movies just have more of that eerie vibe, as opposed to the American cinematography. Definitely one that I recommend a lot! 

4. The VVitch 




The Witch follows a Puritan family who encounter forces of evil in the woods beyond their New England farm.
The movie itself isn't scary per se, but it still has a weird vibe that spooks you out. Needless to say, the visuals in this movie are PERFECTION, and the aesthetic is just right!

5.  Awake




A wealthy young man undergoing heart transplant surgery discovers that the surgical team intend to murder him.
Although not put in the horror genre, it still creeps the living bejeezus out of me! Awake is a story about a man who stays alive through his surgery! Definitely check it out if you are not in the whole "jump scare, creepy music" thing!


There is my short but sweet list of horror movies that I enjoy watching. What is your favorite horror movie? Why?

If you have any questions or suggestions you can find me on my socials! 

here or here

Thank you for your attention! 

k e e p         g r o w i n g

-omega- 


0 Comments