Designing your atmosphere || How interior design can affect you and 6 tips to upgrade your space

Hi guys and welcome back to my blog!
After a short intermission (I do those often, sorry) that I took for personal issues...

I am back!
Although it is Thursday, I wanted to reach out to you guys and talk with you about something I recently realized:



Space matters. 

Where you are, what you are surrounded by really matters. 

I was someone who couldn't give a rat's ass about my room/colors around me/materials that I was surrounded with. 

Somehow, over time, I started paying more attention. 

To give him credit, what brought this change is most likely the fact that my partner is an architect. 

But, then I realized that (although I had a handy database of tips and tricks, courtesy of Luka)
many of you guys might want to step up this game and upgrade your space to help your mental health!
 The benefits of this change are vast:

~You feel more taken care of

~You shift your mind off of overanalyzing yourself and beating yourself down

~It's a great hobby

PART ONE- COLORS  

There have been many types of research done on color psychology.

DEFINITION TIME:

Color psychology is the study of hues as a determinant of human behavior. Color influences perceptions that are not obvious, such as the taste of food. Colors have qualities that can cause certain emotions in people. Colors can also enhance the effectiveness of placebos.

Think about what kind of a vibe you want your space to emit- clean, vibrant, spicy, serene, modest? 
Certain colors have an association with a certain feeling. It is a powerful tool throughout many different visual arts, and thus in interior design as well. 



PART TWO- MATERIALS

Another important part of interior design is what materials are used in your environment.
One more time, think hard about emotions you want to feel in the space you have. 
Gravitate towards natural materials. Think wood, concrete, fabrics that are not synthetic, stones etc.
You will feel more grounded in the space you are in, and at the same time- these materials are neutral. You can combine them with any color scheme you have chosen.




PART THREE- LIGHTING

Not every room is the same, nor does every room get the same amount of light. This varies because of different reasons- orientation of the room, amount of windows in the room etc. 
Lighting is important, because lighting is what gives you the energy to work and function.
Think like this- dark, gloomy, poorly lit room? Okay, now picture this- lots of defused light, bits of fairy lights, warm candle, lamps. See what I mean? 




PART FOUR- FURNITURE ARRANGEMENT

Most of the rooms have one of these two shapes- square or rectangle. Size will vary, depending on the size of the building/house. But, what's really sad is when the space you have is not utilized to the max. This can be solved by rearranging your furniture so that you have a natural flow of movement throughout the room. 




So... What to do right now?

1. Look up the color pallets, choose a color and paint your walls in a new shade.
2. If you have a bulky carpet- remove it. It will give you a) more space and b) more light
3. Rearrange your furniture to have natural flow
4. Check out decorative pieces that can bring more natural elements to your space 
5. Lamps, candles, fairy lights- basically any source of light that you like
6. Get curtains that will give you privacy, but at the same time will let lots of natural light in. 




There you guys have it, a post about space design and things I have learned so far!
 How did you like this post?
Let me know down bellow or find me on my socials:

You can find me here or here !


Thank you for your attention! 

k e e p         g r o w i n g

-omega- 





0 Comments