How to get into reading || Get out of a reading slump

 Hi, hello, hola and thank you for joining me again in my little corner of the internet! 

Since today is Sunday, I spent a lot of time today reading.

Reading is something that comes to me like second nature, and it's been something that I've been doing for years now. That said, we all get into sort of a "reading slump".

It's that phase in your life where you just don't feel like reading.

I've been there, and thankfully I got out of there many times before.
So for today's post, I wanted to share my top tips to get back into reading (or even to start reading if you're not a reader already). Without further ado, let's go down bellow to the how-to!




1. Make a TBR list

TBR means "to be read" list. Make yourself a DOABLE list of books you really want to read. 
My usual "get out of slump" list is consisted of up to ten books that I want to read in the upcoming period! There are lots of tutorials for how to make a TBR list, and my favorite is this one!



2. The first book that you read needs to be hella interesting

Read something you will absolutely know you will enjoy. It's worth doing the research for this, because I've found that if the book I decide to read first after the slump I'll just crawl back into the slump.
Stick to the genre you know you thoroughly enjoy, or to a general theme that you particularly like!

3. Make it easy for yourself

I enjoy reading in the morning, It's one of the first things that I do in my morning routine! To make it easier for myself, every night (as a part of my night routine) I put my Kindle on my coffee table, next to my planner and journal. That way, when I wake up, my Kindle is the first thing that I see. I made it easier for myself to read in the morning.
Find when it feels best for you to read. Then make a trigger that will make it easier for you to continue with the habit



4. Aim for no zero days

Sometimes, life does get into the way, I know. But think of how many times did you choose an easier option (such as Netflix, or scrolling aimlessly on your phone) instead of picking up a book? Try to aim for no zero days, which means that even if you're able to read only one page, you still did read that day. Your brain loves habits, and as soon as you take a break, the brain turns lazy and it is so much harder to read again.

5. Talk about books

Find someone you can talk to about the books that you've read so far. If you don't have anyone around you that is a "reader", you have many options online- Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram Book Bloggers are all there as a great option to find someone to talk about books you've read! 
Another option for you is to keep a book journal! You can find a lot of inspiration and tutorials for this one all around the web, but the one I find the most useful s the one from Page Flutter



There we go, my 5 tips for getting into reading!

Do you have a TBR list? What book will you choose as your first slump breaker? 

Let me know down bellow or reach out on my social medias! 

 You can find me here or here !


Thank you for your attention! 

k e e p         g r o w i n g

-omega- 

0 Comments