Moving 101 || How to have a stress free moving experience!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” -Dr. Seuss







Hey guys, what's up? Welcome back to my blog!

Today I wanted to talk about something practical and tangible, and something that you could read about now or later! 
And honestly, there is no better time now then when I am in the midst of packing up all my belongings and moving to a different apartment!
We decided that we needed a bigger apartment, given that I am working from home now, so in about a week or so, we will be living at a different address!

This is not my first move and over the years, I have gathered a few tips and tricks to make all of this as stress free as possible.
So, if you're moving or you're planning on moving then just keep on reading!


1. Make a plan
I know that every single post of mine starts with something along this line, but I stand by it- MAKE A PLAN. I like to write down everything that needs to be done in the current apartment as well as everything that needs to be done in the new apartment. I write down the rooms and give them their color and all of that keeps me from going insane while packing.





2. Get good, sturdy boxes and good duck tape
You do not want your things spilling out of the box. Get good boxes which you can tape properly and which are the right size. I always go to the local store and ask them for their boxes (which they would throw out anyways) and pack up my things in that.

3. Label
Label the boxes, the bags, the things inside and keep a good system for this. Like I mentioned in step one, I color code the rooms and the boxes and that way I know what box goes where (i.e. green is kitchen, blue is bathroom etc.) 





4. Be creative
I see a lot of people buying like bubble wrap or special paper to wrap things up. Try to use your own things which you already have to keep things protected. For example, use kitchen cloths and table cloths to wrap up plates and cups. You save both packing space and money.

5. Pack by room
Realistically, you won't be using all of your books on the bookshelf in the last week in your old apartment. Try to go by priority or usage of things and start going room by room, leaving the bathroom essentials for last. You can start from your bookshelves, move over to the bedroom things (like clothes for example), living room, kitchen+pantry and then bathroom as your last.
Trust me, you do not want to pack up your toothbrush too early.








6. Clean as you go
Most likely you didn't clean out every single nook and cranny of your apartment while you were living in it. Use this opportunity to clean out everything. While you are packing, wipe down, scrub or fix things which weren't so easily accessible to you while your stuff was in the way. 
Then, when all of the boxes are in the truck/car, sweep and mop one last time and that way you are guaranteed to be safe and sure that everything is spotless!









There you guys have it, my 6 tips on how to move without stress. 
These are just helpful things you can do if you are moving and aren't sure how to make it clean and tidy. 
I have moved around 6 times in the past 5 years and all in all, I think I have a pretty good grip on things by now.

What are your moving tips? Is there something that you do differently? I would love to know!
Let me know down below or send me an answer on my social media!

Let me know down below or you can find me on my socials: 
here or here

Thank you for your attention! 

k e e p          g r o w i n g

-omega- 

0 Comments