Organization tips || Blogtober #15

For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.
-Benjamin Franklin


Hey, hi, hello and welcome back to my little corner of the internet, a place where we drink comical amounts of coffee and discuss how we can make our lives just a bit better!


Also... WELCOME TO BLOGTOBER DAY 15!
If you just popped by, Blogtober is a series that I started on my blog, where I post daily content for the 
WHOLE MONTH OF OCTOBER




Going along with my yesterday's post, I thought of another easy-to-read list with my top 5 organizational skills that have also helped me get my shit together! While my time management post was more about mindset, this post will cover things being organized.
Without further ado, let's jump into the list:


1. Get buttloads of boxes
One thing that helped me organize my belongings is putting them in different boxes. So now I have my office supply box, my tech box, my underwear box, my "miscellaneous things from the kitchen which I am not sure how to use" box. 

2. Labels. Labels everywhere.
Now that you got boxes, trust me on this one and put 2 labels on it! One goes on the front, with the category. The other one can be put on the lid or on the side, and on that label you list contents of the box. You do not want to be rummaging through the whole box, only to realize that your blue hat is not in the "blue things" box but in the "winter clothes" box (this was just a silly example)

3. Get a designated place for everything
Give a home to all of your things. Books should go on the bookshelf, your work materials should go in your desk. Keep the things in their homes. And, when you respectfully take the thing out for a dinner and a drink, be a decent person and bring it back home- in other words "you touch it, you put it back''

4. Have days cut out just for maintenance
Get a special day in the week when you can get back on track with your belongings. This is the day when, ideally, you don't have any school or work to do, and you can dedicate yourself to organizing your belongings and your mind. This is the day when you do laundry, reorganize some of the boxes, and put anything that's out of place back, as well as vacuuming and dusting and the whole shebang

5. Declutter. 
Try to get rid of anything that may not serve you any purpose. If it is sentimental, I get it, I am a big sucker for that too. Try to lower it to one box that you get to keep. 
Donate, sell, give as a gift if it's a usable thing. If it is not, recycle it properly as to lower the waste we produce!


There it is guys, my top 5 organization tips! Be sure to check out my time management tips as well, and let me know down bellow what things do you do that help you stay on top of your game!

If you have any questions or suggestions you can find me on my socials! 

here or here

Thank you for your attention! 

k e e p         g r o w i n g

-omega- 


0 Comments